Due to the current Covid 19 pandemic we are all experiencing, graduation has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 20, at 7:00pm. This year’s graduation will take place at Billy Vessels Stadium instead of the Event Center. The purpose of this change is to allow for more social distancing for our Senior graduates and their families. The basics of the ceremony will be the following:
- Seniors will sit in the home field stands. They will be positioned 6 feet apart on the bleachers, with empty bleachers in between each row of seniors.
- Families and friends will be positioned on the football field and in the visitor stands. We encourage each family to bring lawn chairs or blankets for sitting on the field. We encourage you to protect yourself by social distancing from other groups of people. Wearing a mask is encouraged, but not required for attendance.
- Even though we are not handing out tickets for entrance to graduation, we do ask that you limit the number of people attending graduation to 10 or less per graduating senior.
- Families and friends will enter the stadium at the southeast and southwest entrances.
- Seniors will enter the stadium at the northwest and northeast entrances.
- Because social distancing will take away picture opportunities from parents and families of graduates, CHS will take pictures of graduates receiving their diploma as they walk across the “stage”. Another picture of each graduate will be taken after they receive their diploma. Families will be given free online access to the photos to download for print.
- We ask the families and friends to remain in the designated areas (football field, visitor stands, and around the concession stands) before, during, and after the ceremony. Graduates will be instructed to make their way to the football field after the ceremony has been completed to meet with family and friends.
- We ask that graduates and their families and friends vacate the stadium within 30 minutes of the completion of the ceremony.
- Baccalaureate will be held on Sunday, June 14th, at 6:00pm at the Event Center.
We plan on making this graduation ceremony as normal as possible, while also trying to protect our graduates and visitors. We ask that visitors to the ceremony observe social distancing guidelines that have been recommended by federal, state, and local governments so we can give the CHS Class of 2020 a proper send off into their future.