Resources and Information from the High School Counseling and Student Services Department
Contact the Counseling Department
*** FAFSA Filing
ACT TEST INFORMATION
For more info visit actstudent.org.
ACT and SAT Prep Courses / Senior Preview Days
- ACT Prep Course @ OU campus: Cost is $100 and you can register online at youth.ou.edu. From 9 am to 4 pm. Dates are October 21, 2017, November 18, 2017, February 3, 2018, April 7, 2018, and June 2, 2018.
- You can now apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on October 1, 2017! You can use 2016 tax information to complete the application for the 2018-2019 college year. To find out more info go to FAFSA.gov
- FREE SAT Prep course http://domesatreview.com
- PSAT Review Course will be held on Sat., Oct 4 from 9 a m. to 3 p.m. at OU. Cost is $95 and includes instruction and classroom materials. Register online: youth.ou.edu
- View latest OSU Cowboy Connection. Info on OSU enrollment applications, financial aid, and scholarships.
- View the latest issue of the Rogers State Univerisity’s Hillcat Herald.
Important Note for ACT Takers
Students registering for the ACT are required to submit a recent photo for identification purposes by the photo deadline. Testers are required to submit both the registration ticket and an acceptable ID for admission to the test center on the test date. Photos may be submitted by Computer, iPod touch,iPhone, or Android device. The photo is valid for 2 years and can be submitted at www.actstudent.org/regist/add-photo.html. Photo must be of only one person facing forward on a plain background with no dark glasses, face completely visible. Students who miss the photo submission deadline will not be able to take that test and will be charged a change of date fee to reschedule the test for another date. Go to www.actstudent.org/testprep for more information. The deadline to Add, Change, or Cancel reports is noon, central time, on Thursday immediately following the regularly scheduled Saturday test date.
- Preceptor Beta Mu Sharon Henderson Memorial Scholarship of Women applications are due by April 30th. Applications are in counselor’s office.
- Hebron Masonic Lodge #215 Senior Scholarship Essay. Applications and essays are due by April 21st. Applications are in counselor’s office.
- Redfin Scholarship: The $2,500 bi-annual scholarship is now open to high school seniors and current college students. We will accept submissions from November 1, 2017, and through January 31, 2018.
- The Oklahoma Youth With Promise Scholarship is a $2,000 award available for Oklahoma high school graduates or GED recipients who were in, or aged out of, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services’ Foster Care system at the time of graduation from high school or at the time of obtaining a GED. Applicants must be age 25 or younger at the time of application, plan to enroll as a full-time student and must maintain a collegiate GPA above 2.0 to be eligible to reapply.
- SP Scholarship, $10,000 – 10 Awards (Deadline October 31, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- VIP Voice Scholarships, $5,000 – 1 Award (Deadline October 31, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- Maryknoll Scholarship, $1,000 – 6 Awards (Deadline: November 10, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- Student Photography Scholarship, $2,500 – 11 Awards (Deadline: November 15, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- StyleMann Young Professionals Scholarship, $1,800 – 1 Awards (Deadline: November 30, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- Sixt Scholars, $5,000 – 5 Awards (Deadline: November 30, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- HSC Home Warranty , $2,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: December 1, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- Barbara Lotze Scholarships for Teachers, $2,000 – 5 Awards (Deadline: December 1, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- National Space Club Scholarship, $10,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: December 1, 2017). Apply for Student Scholarships.
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship for children of post 9-11 veterans. Apply at this link.
- To research and check out possible schools, go to CollegeScorecard.ed.gov.
- For updated Oklahoma Scholarship opportunities from September 2017-December 2017, go to OKcollegestart.org.
- For more Oklahoma Scholarship opportunities, try Scholarships.com, and myCollegeOptions.org and Schoolsoup.com.
- For info on Organization of Rural Oklahoma Schools scholarship, click here.
- List of Scholarships by deadline month.
- Pete & Lela Stavros Scholarship for relatives of Oklahoma Firefighters. For more info click here.
- 2017 Student-View Scholarship Program. Thirteen randomly selected scholarships. You just need to fill out application survey. Go to www.student-view.com for info.
- Oklahoma Rual Rehabilitation Corporation (ORRC) Scholarships. See Counselor’s for application.
- Raise.me. Introducing Micro-Scholarships – Get scholarships from colleges for your achievements in high school. Students can sign up for these free accounts while in high school and get money accrued in their accounts for things like good grades, extracurricular activities, and class rigor. The money can then be used at various schools across the nation after graduation. Students can earn up to $6,000 through participation in this program. https://www.raise.me/
- Danforth Scholars Program at Washington University in St. Louis Awards vary from full to partial tuition and may be renewed each year if standards are met. Awards are based on merit in leadership, academics, and personal achievements. Advise counseling office by Nov. 1, 2016 if you are interested.
- ORU offers the Quest Whole Person scholarship for $9,000 a year for selected recipients.
- TuitionFundingSources.com is a scholarship website sponsored by Wells Fargo Bank with “millions of scholarships and grants” and other tools you might find helpful.
- JCI Scholarship information is available at http://www.jayceefoundationof ok.org/applications.htm or www.usjcisenate.org and find the scholarship section for Oklahoma.
- Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship is available. Go to www.elks.org to download the application. Deadline is Nov. 30, 2016.
- 13th Annual National CO-OP Scholarship Program for these schools: Clarkson University, State University of New York Oswego, Drexel University, University of Cincinnati, Johnson and Wales University, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Toledo, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Merrimack College, and Kettering University. If you plan to attend one of these schools and you have a GPA of 3.5 or better, you may apply online at www.waceinc.org. Deadline for most of the schools is February 15, 2017. However, for Clarkson, J&W, and UM Lowell have earlier deadlines.
- The Horatio Alger Scholarship is available to students with a 2.0 GPA and who will require financial assistance to go to college. Go to www.horatioalger.org to apply. Deadline is Oct. 25, 2016.
- Seniors who have at least a “B” grade average and participate in at least 1 school-sponsored sport can apply online for Wendy’s High School Heisman. Visit WendysHeisman.com for details. The first 25,000 completed applications will receive $10 Wendy’s Gift Card. Deadline is October 6, 2016.
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame Scholarship offers one $5,000 scholarship awarded annually. You must be nominated, please see counselors if interested.
- If you have made a difference through volunteering over the past year you can apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Award. Visit http://spirit.prudential.com or www.nassp.org/spirit, click on “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen instructions. Applications are due by November 8, 2016.
Free resources and Scholarship Searches:
*** FAFSA Filing
Scholarship & College/Career Information
Established by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to assist students with tuition at Oklahoma Colleges. OHLAP money may be used to cover in-state undergraduate tuition at public colleges and universities, certain vocational-technical courses or programs offered through “cooperative agreements” between public area technology center and Oklahoma public college or universities. It may also be applied toward a portion of tuition at accredited private colleges or universities in Oklahoma.
OHLAP EligibilityOHLAP Participation
- Must be an Oklahoma Resident
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade in an Oklahoma Board Accredited school
- Must not be involved in criminal activity, including drugs and alcohol
- Family income not to exceed $50,000
- Must attend school and do homework regularly
- Must follow required 17 – unit curriculum
- Apply for other financial aid during Senior year
Accredited Online Colleges and Universities in Oklahoma